March 17, 2020
Searcy School District COVID-19 Community Information:
We would like to provide you with an update after the events of the weekend in regards to COVID-19 and how it relates to our students, staff, families and community patrons.
Governor Asa Hutchinson has directed all Arkansas public schools to remain closed until Monday, March 30. Searcy School District is following his directive and will continue to monitor the situation and follow any additional directive from his office. All school athletics and other activities are cancelled during this time period. All staff and student school travel is suspended until further notice.
All students and teachers will participate in AMI Days 1-5 during the week of Monday, March 16-Friday, March 20. Spring Break will follow during the week of March 23-27.For questions regarding AMI information, email the building level principal.
Searcy High School, Gene Hodges: email@example.com
Ahlf Junior High School, Chris Eubanks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southwest Middle School, Carrie Parsley: email@example.com
McRae Elementary School, Jim Gurchiek: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sidney Deener Elementary School, Caroline Nail: email@example.com
Westside Elementary School, Kyle hunt: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Teachers and principals will be available by email and Google Classroom during normal school hours each day.
4. The Searcy School District administration office will be open from 10:00-2:30 P.M.this Wednesday-Friday for emergency business only. The administration office will be closed the week of Spring Break (March 23-27).Administrative staff may be contacted by phone at 501-268-3517 or by email. Email addresses may be found by accessing http://www.searcyschools.org/staff.
5. Please continue to access our social media sites for up-to-date information regarding school information.
6. We will provide breakfast and lunch at no charge for Searcy School District students and children 18 years and under. Access the following link for distribution sites: http://www.searcyschools.org/article/211263?org=searcy-school-district
7. Please continue to follow the Arkansas Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for healthy habits and practices.
8. The Arkansas Department of Education has COVID-19 resources available for your review at the following web address: http://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/divisions/communications/covid-19-information